Music is more than entertainment, it carries the performer and listener beyond the structures of time, and classical music immerses us in the genius of some of humanity’s greatest minds, and makes them part of our own experience.
Who it’s for:
Professional Pianists and Musicians • Teachers • Students of any Level
How it benefits you:
– Overcome obstacles to your playing
– Receive step-by step-procedures of getting from an idea to a detailed end result
– Gain an understanding of the body’s role in performing
– Hear what you’re producing and what’s really happening in the music
– Learn to evoke, sublimate, and control emotions for optimum performance
How to use the site:
– Explore the Video Collection to eavesdrop on lessons in which real students work on real issues in real time
– Check out Joe’s Blog to get more insight on specific issues, ranging from body tension to Joe’s insights on the best recorded performances
Joe Bloom embodies a unique understanding of the deepest traditions of Western Classical Music. His background, his own pianistic gifts, and a lifetime of teaching, performing, and accumulating tens of thousands of pages of notes on piano technique and musicality has made Joe a true virtuoso as a pianist and teacher.
“His ability to get results with students at all levels is truly amazing; he is universally loved” (Norman Derby, Dean, Bennington College)
“His breadth and depth of music and performance skills is phenomenal. His patient persistence brings out the best in us – gives us confidence where there may be too little, and stretches our limits. He never settles for less when he knows he can get more, doing it gently and with kindness.” (Dr. Margaret Harrington)